When thinking about your career, your success, your time management strategies, your skills and your value, do you value…JOY?
I am often asked how I manage to juggle the many hats I wear. The short answer is that five years ago, I began to curate a dream career and life by taking embodied actions that make my heart sing.
The longer answer is that I first had to discover what exactly did make my heart sing! I had to understand that I alone carry the ability to create it (and that I already had everything I needed to do so). I had to develop strategies to actively create that possibility every single day… no matter what. (Of course, some days are harder than others, as I lead a non-profit performing arts organization, in COVID!)
I’ve learned, and now I coach leaders, to observe and value the moments when we are feeling joy. And, that joy is directly relevant to our professional life, the roles we choose, where we decide to put our attention, the integrated balance we create, the salaries we negotiate, and the reputations we build.
Here’s what I find myself sharing – does it resonate with you?:
- “Joy is both a compass and a litmus test for creating the meaningful success we (really) want.”
- “When you “show up” as your best self, feeling joy, your impact ripples throughout your business, family, community and beyond.”
- “Joy is not a selfish act. It’s an indication that you are living in your purpose and making a difference in the world.”
- “It is our responsibility to identify, flex and strengthen this muscle!”
Below, I share some of my favorite quotes from others about why loving your job is not only possible, but essential. The world needs you to have the impact that occurs when you are feeling that “heart-singing” feeling!
With Valentine’s Day approaching, what makes your heart sing? Why? When you are feeling joy, what is your impact on others?
If you find it challenging to answer these simple-sounding questions… then you are on the right track! If you want a guide to help you reveal what makes your heart sing, and how to actively make the choices that create the possibility to have a career and life where you are feeling joy and being joyful every day… I am here to help.
To your success, and to a month filled with joy and impact!
Next Chapter Coach
Creator of The Career (Life!) Breakthrough AcademyTM
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” – Maya Angelou
- Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping from.” – Anonymous
- Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart. – Rumi
- Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life. – Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy. – Kahlil Gibran
- “There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?” – Warren Buffet
- “Yes, I’ve made a great deal of dough from my fiction, but I never set a single word down on paper with the thought of being paid for it … I have written because it fulfilled me. Maybe it paid off the mortgage on the house and got the kids through college, but those things were on the side–I did it for the buzz. I did it for the pure joy of the thing. And if you can do it for the joy, you can do it forever.” – Stephen King
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” – Alan Cohen
- “There is no passion to be found in playing small–in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.” – Marva Collins
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Don’t be defined by your past, your past is the tutor of your present and is always preparing you for new experience. Forget about disappointment or any past mistakes that is keeping you from moving forward. It’s never too late for a new beginning.” – Kemmy Nola
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
- “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it.” – Katharine Whitehorn
- “Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.” – Johnny Carson
–>> If you are truly at a crossroad moment, are looking for breakthroughs and transformational results, I am here to help. By your side. Guiding you. Encouraging you. Seeing you. Every.Step.Of.The.Way. through a proven process
No comment yet, add your voice below!