Just a few days ago, my husband and I returned home after circumnavigating the globe on an incredible, 30-day pilgrimage.
The first of its kind, and led by one of the world’s experts on mindfulness, this trip focused on the power of presence, and creating deep connections to people and places in what seemed like very faraway lands when I first booked the tickets [Turkey, Tanzania, Egypt, Israel, India, China and Tibet].
My fellow travelers and I also created a deeper connection to ourselves as transformational leaders, and I’m sure I will continue to gain additional insight as I process all that I’ve just experienced.
I can’t wait to share these new thoughts with you over the coming weeks and months, and already know that the participants in my next Impact Intensive / Create Your Dream Career (Life!) will benefit from this experience.
But for today as I unpack my suitcase, here are some thoughts as I process things while still at the 10,000 foot view.
I am aware of new thought patterns that make new things – even “crazy” things – now possible.
And why not!?
Three years ago, “I would have never” thought it would be possible to:
- Have a thriving business in which I only work with clients who make my heart sing!
- Take 30 days completely away from my business, and still advance and deepen my impact!
- Put our house up for sale while we were gone! (more on that later)
- Create a tribe of purposeful leaders who inspire and challenge me on a regular basis, and support each other!
- Feel a deep sense of belonging in a remote Tibetan village eating Yak meat
- Connect with the spirits of thousands of women before me, as I tucked my prayers into the Wailing Wall in Israel
- Be intoxicated by the perfumed fragrance of Varanasi and the Ganges river
- Share an intimate moment with a woman wearing a burka
- Laugh with a holy Lama
- Learn the true joy of helping others from a guide in Tanzania
What impact are you meant to have? Are you achieving “it?” Are you spending time doing things that bring you joy?
If not, what do you think is stopping you?
What assumptions are you taking as fact, that could be challenged and tested?
What new thoughts could you try out to make it all possible?
Are you benefiting by not making changes? What would occur for you, and those you are meant to help, if you were successful and happy?
You know my premise:
What you do matters, and more importantly: how you BE matters.
When you are BE-ing your best self, what is your value? To whom?
The world needs you to have the impact you are meant to achieve. Today.
We need you to know your impact and your purpose, and we need you to build momentum… all SO THAT you can connect with those who you are meant to help, and those who can help you do what you’re meant to do.
We need you to think the new thoughts that will make new things possible!
And, you don’t have to travel around the globe to shift your thought patterns. By asking yourself some of these questions, you can set your new journey in motion.
To your success (filled with fun, joy and big impact!),