In the last days of 2021, I want you to know that you are a gift to the world. I am here to remind you that you already have everything you need to have the impact you are meant to have – with joy, ease and financial sustainability. Keep building your own momentum, keep celebrating the things you love when they occur. Keep curating your life of impact and joy. The world needs you.
Now, if you are reading this and you are truly unhappy with your job, want to make a change, are questioning and second-guessing yourself and what is and is not possible, and if you’re feeling a pulling of some kind, my words of encouragement may not be enough.
If that’s true for you, I am here to help you make your dreams come true in 2022!
Do you want to make a change because:
- Your boss doesn’t know how to lead?
- Your board is dysfunctional?
- You’re burnt out?
- You don’t have work-life balance?
- You’re not valued?
- You’re not listened to?
- You’re not respected?
- You’re not compensated appropriately?
Something definitely needs to change!
WARNING: in my conversations with leaders across the globe, here’s what I’ve noticed: the problems you want to escape, may show up again and again (and again!) in future roles unless you create what I refer to as “foundational self-clarity” on:
- The impact you have on others when you’re feeling joy,
- What you need to have that impact, and
- The assumptions you are making about your situation – and your resulting re-actions that follow.
Red Flags I see that often create opportunities for reflection and in many cases, new strategies:
- You’re not listened to, but when I dig deep with leaders, they realize they either haven’t been saying what they want in a way that is heard, or they don’t know for sure that their ideas aren’t listened to – it is an assumption.
- You’re burnt out and you don’t have balance, but when I dig deep with leaders, they realize they have been constantly striving for perfection, equating it with success. The need to prove themselves keeps them mired in “to do” lists and rollercoaster emotions as outside validation is sought.
- You’re not compensated well/respected/valued, but when I dig deep with leaders, it turns out they don’t know and then communicate their impact on a regular basis.
- You want a new job with a better…fill in the blank: staff, board, boss, salary, balance, but when I dig deep with leaders who have left a job (or even an industry) to get out of an unhappy situation, it turns out that the next job has similar challenging people and dynamics!
The good news:
- Helping to create the breakthroughs needed to reveal this foundational self-knowledge is what I do. Check-out past blogs HERE
- Once you are the expert on yourself, all your decisions and communications flow from that – with ease.
“As a seasoned non-profit professional, I had reached a stage in my career where I felt I needed a change. The job that I was in for almost ten years was causing me more frustration than the joy of accomplishment. However, I didn’t have clarity on what I needed or what to do next. Working with Kathryn was the most valuable professional growth experience that I’ve ever had because she helped me reach the clarity I needed to move forward in my career and in my life. She helped me see my value and helped me recognize the skills that I had to offer. Further, working with Kathryn helped me identify my strengths and practice putting my best foot forward. The realizations and transformation I went through with Kathryn propelled me to a new job where I’m now building strong and positive relationships with my new colleagues.“ – T.K.
“Having been an Arts Executive for almost 30 years, i found myself at a crossroads. Unable to truly explain the work I do, I found myself wandering, considering every employment opportunity as a valid choice. Working with Kathryn changed everything. Her continual focus on reducing everything to its essential core, her guidance and insights and her revelatory process for finding “your impact”, has completely transformed my understanding of so much! Now, I have a vocabulary to talk about the leadership I bring, the value of my unique skills and more so a much clearer understanding of how my work adds impact and value. I do not see every opportunity as right for me. I no longer see my work as “important”, instead I see my work as vital, essential & transformational.” –B.B.
How are you building your own momentum? What impact will you be celebrating as 2021 comes to a close? Are you feeling a pulling to make a change? As always, I love hearing from you!
Sending you love and light,
Next Chapter Coach
Creator of The Career (Life!) Breakthrough AcademyTM