Your weakness may actually BE your strength – your superpower. Use Kathryn’s 6 Guiding Questions to find out!Continue reading
Shift the traditional methods for assessing success, mapping out career advancement, and creating work/life balanceContinue reading
Thank you for being a part of my tribe! Together we are creating a movement of joy & impact!Continue reading
“Joy; the kind of happiness that doesn’t depend on what happens.”
— David Steindl-Rast
Today, my invitation is to join me in experiencing and BE-ing joy. No matter what is happening around you. Yes, “even if…” and “even when…”.
Joy isn’t like happiness which is based upon the happenings around you. It’s not dependent on whether things are going “well” or not. In fact, joy can be present at some of our most difficult moments. It is an emotion that comes with the anticipation and/or awareness of something that is wonderful. I learned this when I experienced joy at the hospital bedside of our son when he was in the serious throws of what would be a successful battle with brain cancer. In my client work, I teach how to gain greater clarity on joy (and thus ourselves as leaders) by identifying “peak moments” where we felt alive, at the top of our game, with a full heart in gratitude – and then through a guided process help to reveal the Evidence of ImpactTM in those very moments.
In fact, one of the amazing secrets about joy is that ultimately, it is not about US. We may seek it, but in reality, joy comes at the very moment we are living in our purpose – showing up fully and having the impact on others we are meant to have.
Here are 6 more secrets (FACTS) about Joy; learned from my own journey and now championed by my clients:
- JOY is not a selfish act – it is an indication that you are living in your purpose and having the impact you are meant to have on this earth.
- Choosing JOY does not mean we move through life ignoring feelings of sadness, loss, inconsequence, separation, frustration, stress, injustice or are pretending something negative does not exist.
- JOY is both a litmus test and a compass for creating the (meaningful) success we really want.
- JOY is in the present moment.
- Moments of JOY, and thus impact, are… limitless.
- JOY is a choice, and a practice.
When thinking about your career and life, your next steps, your decisions, “Let joy be your compass and impact be your guide.” Ask yourself:
- What have been my moments of joy (specifically, the 3-second moment of “spark”?)
- Where in my body did I feel it – specifically?
- Why did it feel so good? When I felt Joy, what were the ripples of impact to others? How do I know?
- How often do I want to be feeling that?
- What would it mean to others if I could feel that way?
I am often asked, “How many true moments of joy are possible to experience or to expect in a career and life?” Understanding that when you feel joy, others also benefit… my answer is not a surprise, and for the past five years it has been true for me “At LEAST once a day!”
To your success and JOY! Kathryn
Next Chapter Coach
Creator of The Career (Life!) Breakthrough AcademyTM
TWO BLOGS YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Stop Talking Yourself Out of the Life You Really Want! don’t be your own worst enemy –Continue reading
Shift focus away from perfection, and increase your impact and joyContinue reading
A Birthday softly revealed clarity.Continue reading
Want to Move Forward When the Future is Unknown? Try KRM’s Intention & Impact Exercise. Take charge. Show up fully. Help others. Lead.Continue reading
On a roller-coaster of feelings? Find clarity during moments of transition.Continue reading
During times of change and transition, the barriers we see as fact, can vaporize into thin air in a wonderful instant.Continue reading